KWAME G. OHEMENG
IT – High Level Configuration and Troubleshooting of Cisco Routers and Switches, System Monitoring, Careful and Diligent Documentation, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visio, IPTV HEADEND, Digital Video Broadcasting – Terrestrial, Windows Server 2008, Ubuntu Linux, Windows 7 & 8, Virus Removal, Joomla, Drupal, Oracle 11g, NTP Servers, Vmware
CURRENT CERTIFICATIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
• CCNA RS
• 2ND Place in Cisco Networking SkillsUSA in State of Georgia
• Most Outstanding Cisco Student
• Cisco Dream Team Member For Ciscolive 2015
• Cisco Public Sector Medal Recipient
• Hands-on experience investigating and implementing modern switching and routing platforms and troubleshooting ISP and WAN connectivity
• Experience with routing protocols and enhancements (e.g., EIGRP, BGP, OSPF)
• Working technical knowledge of networking principles including VLAN, IPSEC, NAT, STP
• Switching, Standard Access list, Extended Access list and Vlans Configurations.
• Sound knowledge of OSI 7 Layer Model, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, TFTP.
• Knowledge of LAN technologies – HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, RSTP,
• Good working knowledge of routing protocols such as RIP V1/V2, OSPF, EIGRP and EIGRP, BGP, OSPFv3
• Experience of IP addressing, administrating subnets and various routing models
• Experience with using CISCOCMD Linux utility to troubleshot networks.
• Familiar with the setup and configuration of Cisco 2950, 2960, 3550, 3750, 4500, 7200
• Responsible for the regular back up and restoration of all critical assets
• Configuring WAN Protocols, including HDLC, PPP, FRAME RELAY,
• Put in place traffic filters through the use of IP Access Lists, Distribute Lists, and Route Maps
• Set up and configuration of remote access solutions, GRE (DMVPN), MPLS
• Creation, management and maintenance of database of network topology using Microsoft Visio
Independent Contractor – GA June 2015 – Present
Working as Independent Contractor doing network equipment and point of sale device survey, provisioning, installation, troubleshooting, documentation for Party City, Walmart, Toshiba, NCR, Follett.
Cisco Dream Team Program for CiscoLive 2015 – San Diego, California March 2015 – June 2015
Cisco Live 2015 Dream Team member
• Selected through a rigorous screening process, Dream Team members were responsible for:
o Working with other Cisco Network Operations Centre engineers to deploy over 850 Cisco wireless access points and antennas providing more than 30,000 users with flawless connectivity across 2.5 million square feet of conference space
o Installation, Provisioning and Deploying over 300 Cisco Catalyst switches
o Troubleshooting connectivity issues for vendors inside the World of Solutions
o Attending technical briefings during the conference
o Working as a team to anticipate, avoid, and resolve network problems from start to finish, from installation to tear-down
o Attending pre-conference planning calls with other Cisco Network Operations Center engineers
o Served as an Expert on Student’s Day to advice students and Entry Level Network Engineers on the career paths in the Cisco Networking Field.
Gwinnett Tech College – Lawrenceville, GA June 2014 – March 2015
Lab Tech & Tutor –
• Taught and mentored CCNA level students to achieve CCNA certification.
• Setup Cisco Testing facilities for Cisco Network Academy students where I implemented – Layer 3 routing protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP and other technologies such as IP NAT, DMVPN, IPSEC, HSRP,
• WAN Security, VLANs, STP, Etherchannel
Price Industries Inc. – Winder, GA June 2013 – December 2014
Control Systems QA Specialist
• I built and tested Control Systems from Blueprints.
• Served as Electronics Control Systems builder, tester and quality assurance specialist.
Ghana Television June 2010 – April 2013
• I did provisioning of new routers and switches, created templates to cut down the time for provisioning, did documentation and network diagrams.
• Supported, Implemented and Monitored Cisco Network infrastructure using network management systems for local and WAN Networks from Ghana Television Headquarters to Regional Offices and 35 Remote Transmitter Sites.
GWINNETT TECH COLLGE, USA – Cisco Training, 2014
AITI – KOFI ANNAN, GHANA – CCNA Discovery Training, 2010
GHANA TECH UNIVERSITY COL. – Telecom Eng., 2009